Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mystery of Letters

The intriguing study of the Hebrew letters explores the wondrous
world of hidden meanings in the letters and words of the
Sacred Tongue. The fire which burns in these ancient letters
is a Divine creative force through which G-d reveals Himself to man.
Rabbi Matityahu Glazerson takes the reader into this realm of
splendor where even the very form of each letter has profound significance.
The relationships between the letters, their sequence,
the Kabalistic concepts inherit in various words and phrases
are all examined and elucidated in Rabbi Glazerson's books.
Drawing on the precepts of the Holy Torah and on the
wellsprings of the sages teachings throughout the ages,
Rabbi Glazerson brings to the listener and reader the hidden beauty of this world .


4 comments:

Proserpine said...

the hidden meaning of the world...

world of letters,
world we are called
to leave for

the better one,
world of Spirit,

Kingdom of Jesus...

Many even do not guess what splendour they should leave, but Paul, certainly, understood, saying
"The letter killeth, but the Spirit maketh alive". But when the splendour becomes a prison one should better leave it...

I feel George MacDonald speaks of the same world, which "makes us alive".

Ah, the breeze...

Nonni said...

I think we share a sense of longing . . .

Have you ever heard the song "Way Over Yonder" by Carole King? It talks about a garden one feels like to have seen some time and longs to return to it. . . a sense of home-coming, 'the' home-coming of the prodigal son to the Father's home. People may not know it on the surface of their consciousness, but it is a sense, I believe, that is deeply implanted in the depth of our heart. The song goes like this:

'Way over yonder is a place that I know/Where I can find shelter from hunger and cold/And the sweet tastin' good life is so easily found./'Way over yonder, that's where I'm bound.

I know when I get there the first thing I'll see/Is the sun shinin' golden, shinin' right down on me./Then trouble's gonna lose me, worry leave me behind/And I'll stand up proudly in true peace of mind.

Talkin' 'bout a, talkin' 'bout away over yonder/Is a place I have seen. It's a garden of wisdom/From some long ago dream./Maybe tomorrow I'll find my way/To the land where the honey runs in rivers each day/And the sweet tastin' good life is so easily found./'Way over yonder, that's where I'm bound.

Thanks, Gene

Proserpine said...

Yess...

"...she came forward within a yard of me, and said, in a voice that strangely recalled a sensation of twilight, and reedy banks, and a low wind..."

Nonni said...

I can see that you are getting your feet wet in the fantasy world of George MacDonalad, Proserpine. Maybe I should read him all over again.- Gene